ALL major roads across the Central West and the Blue Mountains have now reopened, however smaller ones are still closed due to snow and ice.
Bells Line of Road and the Great Western Highway across the mountains were both closed earlier today following significant snowfalls.
Roads still closed:
- Jenolan Caves Road - closed between Jenolan and Hartley
- Shooters Hill Road - closed between Mount Werong and Abercrombie Road intersections
- Abercrombie Road - closed from Black Springs to Abercrombie River
- Edith road - closed from Edith to Jenolan Caves
- Gingkin Road
Meanwhile, Essential Energy reports that all unplanned power outages due to snowfall have now been repaired.
MORE than 130 people around O'Connell and Blayney are without power following snowfall on Tuesday morning.
An update from Essential Energy at 10.35am shows the blackout is impacting 104 customers in the O'Connell, with power to the area going out at 4.44am on Tuesday.
There are 27 customers in the Blayney region without power, with that blackout occurring at 9.27am.
Crews are investigating.
TWO truck accidents and a breakdown might have been cleared, but a road across the Blue Mountains and some in the Central West remain closed.
Alpine conditions, snow and ice conditions have forced the closure of the Bells Line of Road from Lithgow to Bell.
Live traffic said motorists should avoid the area and that diversions are in place via Darling Causeway, Station Street and Great Western Highway.
Snow and ice on the Great Western Highway, from Mount Victoria to Katoomba, is affecting traffic in both directions with motorists to drive with caution.
Other closed roads:
- Jenolan Caves Road - closed from Jenolan to Hartley
- Duckmaloi Road - closed between Oberon and Jenolan Caves Road
- O'Connell Road - closed between Oberon and O'Connell
MOTORISTS heading across the Blue Mountains and in some parts of the Central West have been warned that roads are closed in both directions due to snow, ice and accidents.
Alpine conditions are in place across the region on Tuesday with snowfall and black ice on roads.
At 7am, Bells Line of Road is closed in both directions at Clarence near the Zig Zag Railway due to a truck breakdown.
Live Traffic has advised motorists should avoid this area.
The Great Western Highway is closed in both directions at two separate areas - Blackheath and Mount Victoria due to a truck jack-knifing at each location.
The Mount Victoria closure is near Hartley Avenue, while the Blackheath closure is at the intersection of Leichardt Street.
Live Traffic urge motorists to avoid the area and use an alternate route.
Meanwhile, alpine condition warnings remain in place for a number of locations in the Blue Mountains and the Central West, these include:
- Jenolan to Hartley - the road is closed in both directions
- Mount Victoria to Katoomba - traffic affected in all directions
- Katoomba - Highway affected in both directions
- Oberon, Duckmaloi Road between Oberon and Jenolan Caves roads - the road closed in both directions
- Oberon, O'Connell Road between Oberon and O'Connell - the road is closed in both directions
Stay up-to-date with all road closures online at Live Traffic.